What is melatonin?
Melatonin is a hormone that is produced naturally in our body and is responsible for regulating sleep and circadian rhythms. It is one of the most commonly used supplements to combat sleep problems and insomnia.
It is a hormone that is released by the pineal gland.
The melatonin supplement from Life Pro, not only provides a dose of melatonin. It combines other compounds in its formulation such as 5HTP, tryptophan, magnesium and vitamin B6.
Nowadays, there are a large number of factors that limit the secretion of melatonin, such as a diet poor in nutrients, an abuse of stimulating substances such as coffee, prolonged exposure to blue doses, etc. are limiting for its production.
Supplementation with melatonin provides a large number of benefits:
- Facilitates the reconciliation of sleep in a natural way and helps regulate circadian rhythms.
- It improves the quality of sleep and rest.
- It promotes an improvement in the immune system and reduces oxidative stress
- Melatonin is also involved in various cellular processes including the synthesis of certain vitally important molecules.
- It allows the muscles to relax after high-intensity workouts.
- Improves insulin sensitivity and avoids hepatic gluconeogenesis.
Triptófano is an essential amino acid, that is involved in the performance of various functions such as the synthesis of proteins and proteins; It is involved in the synthesis of proteins, the regeneration of muscle tissue, and in promoting restful sleep because it contributes to the production of certain hormones and neurotransmitters.
It is a melatonin precursor. The body converts tryptophan into serotonin, which forms melatonin. It helps to regulate sleep patterns and promotes deep rest.
It is an amino acid that increases the level of serotonin upon reaching the brain. It is used in much the same way as tryptophan.
It is often used to treat sleep disorders, such as insomnia or irregular sleep patterns, as it helps to make sleep deeper and more restful. Magnesium is also used to treat sleep disorders, such as insomnia or irregular sleep patterns, as it helps to make sleep deeper and more restful.
It helps decrease fatigue and correct psychological function. Magnesium and vitamin B6 aid recovery and neuromuscular relaxation, reducing contractures and relaxing muscles for greater rest.
Enhances the absorption of magnesium in the body, stimulates the synthesis of serotonin and endogenous melatonin. Magnesium and vitamin B6 support neuromuscular recovery and rest.
What is the recommended dose of melatonin?
Recommended safe doses of melatonin are an average of 1.8-1.9 milligrams, although these can be increased or decreased by amounts such as 0.5 milligrams and 5 milligrams.
To establish an appropriate dose, various factors such as tolerance, individual sensitivity, etc. must be considered.
Tolerance to melatonin is very unusual. No adaptations to melatonin occur.
Melatonin in pregnancy.
Pregnant pregnant women may experience changes in their sleep patterns, in which the quality and quantity of sleep worsen and decrease.
Melatonin can be a recommended supplement due to its naturalness, improving total sleep time, as well as reducing the number of times one wakes up at night.
It is recommended that you consult a health specialist to determine the amount, as each person can enjoy its benefits in different doses and ensure that it does not affect pregnancy.
The effects of melatonin
- Facilitates the reconciliation of sleep, improvement of rest and regulation of circadian rhythms.
- Increases the production of growth hormone, which is released in the sleep stage.
- It is an antioxidant that protects proteins and fats from free radicals.
- It helps to combat insomnia, anxiety and depression, as they are usually disorders linked to sleep.
- It stimulates the immune system.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.