BUY HIGH GLYCAEMIC CARBOHYDRATES ONLINE
What are high glycaemic carbohydrates?
Carbohydrates are the macronutrient whose main function is to provide energy to the body. This type of nutrient has a characteristic that differentiates some types of carbohydrates from others, which is the glycaemic index.
When a carbohydrate has a high glycaemic index, it refers to the speed and quantity with which it is digested and transported in the blood in the form of glucose. They pass directly from the gut into the blood.
They are carbohydrates that are rapidly assimilated, provide immediate energy and do not require extensive digestion.
Their purpose is to provide the athlete with a source of energy, both after training and to be taken during, without causing heaviness, requiring complicated digestion and thus being able to maintain performance and glycogen stores loaded.
It rapidly replenishes glycogen levels and accelerates recovery, which is essential for reducing the feeling of fatigue and maintaining performance for as long as possible. They also delay the onset of fatigue, improving the energy output of muscles during training.
What are high glycaemic carbohydrates for?
High glycaemic carbohydrates are recommended for athletes who exercise for more than an hour and need to be able to maintain energy levels for a longer period of time. After this period, which may vary from one person to another.
Its main characteristics and functions are:
- It has a fast and perfect carbohydrate absorption providing high levels of energy.
- Rapidly replenishes glycogen levels and accelerates recovery.
- They usually have the characteristic that their gastric emptying is very fast, i.e. the time they spend in the stomach.
- Unlike other sources, they can be taken during training because they do not cause heaviness.
- It is easy to digest and does not cause stomach problems or other similar side effects that complex carbohydrates can cause if taken intra-workout.
- They are transported directly to the gut and into the bloodstream, from where they provide energy quickly, and decrease fatigue, preventing the muscles and brain from running out of glycogen during training.
- They are also an ally after training, as they allow glycogen stores that have been depleted to recover quickly.
- They generally do not cause any stomach upset. Their high molecular weight and low osmolarity as well as their high solubility in water and other liquids and their excellent digestibility and gastric emptying are also very important for the digestion of carbohydrates.
For whom are high glycaemic carbohydrates recommended?
High glycaemic carbohydrates are recommended primarily for endurance and high intensity sportsmen and women who are going to last longer than 1 - 1.5 hours where it is necessary to maintain energy levels and postpone fatigue as long as possible.
They are recommended for cyclists, runners, marathon runners, triathletes, etc. In which the energy expenditure is very high, and the duration of the exercise is also very long.
We can find different carbohydrate formats with a high glycaemic level: gels, capsules, bars, powdered preparations, etc. Each athlete can choose the one that best suits his or her needs and preferences.
How to take high glycaemic carbohydrates?
The ideal time to take high-glycaemic carbohydrates is during or after exercise.
- During exercise: in order to maintain optimal performance and avoid the onset of fatigue, it is ideal to take them. Also, for the advantage of its rapid digestion and assimilation, which will allow us to maintain energy levels almost immediately.
- After exercise: once you have finished, your muscle and liver glycogen stores will be practically empty. Eating this type of carbohydrate can promote recovery and help to avoid fatigue levels. They contribute to good recovery.